bendystraw now creates videos in both traditional and interactive delivery styles!
Explaining change of metrics for Performance Awards
Explaining 1099 Cost Basis issues.
Discusses Account Management with Sample Brokerage Firm
Details Form 8949 adjustments
Why animated videos for education?
Employees have stopped reading what we give them — and it’s not just the paper, it’s the Websites, too. And we can blame the employees, but many companies estimate their total content of their medical/wellness sites, 401(k) Websites and equity plan Websites to be in excess of 10,000 pages when you total the disclosures, whitepapers, knowledge centers, reports and links. We did it so they would have 'everything' at their fingertips – I don’t think we ever imagined how much 'everything' could be.
If your employees don’t understand their benefits, they won’t appreciate or value them appropriately. This leads to at best, apathy, at worst, turnover. A well-targeted employee education video can dramatically change understanding of technical information and perceived value of their equity compensation and other benefits. Video is the perfect medium for effective analogies – the combination of video and audio makes it easy to show examples and parallels that make the information tangible for employees. A significant number of studies have confirmed what we already know from our own experience – visual learning improves comprehension and is more likely to stick in long-term memory.
We also like custom video at bendystraw. Employee understanding increases when content is customized to their specific situation – not generic vendor content that hits 80% of the way, but leaves 20% confusing and creates new questions and doubts that remain unanswered. With 25 years of financial advisory and stock plan experience – we fight to find the line between legalese/disclosure and what an employee will grasp quickly with confidence. bendystraw helps companies educate and inform their participants about their stock plans and other employee benefits.
Interactive Sample 1
ESPP Modeling Video
Interactive Sample 2
- Animation 2-D, whiteboard, screen capture and infographic styles
- Interactive and traditional video delivery
- Video is customized to your needs and plans and includes professional voice talent and music licensing – pick your style, gender, accent and target age – translation and non-US voice talent easily available
- We write the scripts – you simply approve
- Significant prop and character flexibility
- Analytics and other reporting available – check out our analytics page.
- Viewed ‘straight line’ – push play and watch
- Great for employee education – should be short in length and compelling in content
- End-user chooses path or has required engagement points along the way
- Engagement skyrockets. Compelling content becomes addictive content
- Go custom. Generic videos can confuse simple concepts. bendystraw customizes every video – your plans, your vendors, your style, no confusion.
- If engagement is essential, go interactive.
- Keep ’em short. Two minutes or less is ideal – three is OK. bendystraw will tighten the script to keep it short and to the point.
- Own the content. bendystraw only hosts interactive videos (interactive videos are not generally portable – they are constructed in the player). Traditional video can be hosted internally, with vendors or hosting providers.
- Measure your results. For traditional video, bendystraw has partnered with Wistia to deliver video hosting and analytics for clients who need to know. You can also pick your own provider.
- Don’t pay too much. bendystraw’s pricing for custom videos is on the Web. No surprises other than how reasonable custom videos can be. Pricing includes packages – most companies need more than one video…packages for short and medium length videos are available. We will also work with you on custom package pricing.
Employee education is in.
Animated videos are popular tools for explaining benefit and compensation programs. So how do you start?
Non-Animation Education Services
bendystraw also offers non-video education, Web presentations and educational support services. bendystraw has experience with in-person and Web-delivered programs, plan roll-outs and education meetings. As a ‘neutral’ party, bendystraw often has advantages of content delivery over vendors and corporate staff. bendystraw also can design materials and author printed materials, as well.